Coach Kim Shopland has been working with teen girl athletes from our local volleyball club as well as rep soccer teams. We have been asked to put another program on so we are kicking off a July 4 week strength and conditioning program aimed at helping young athletes learn how to train properly both on and off the field or court.
Our focus is to:
- to help teach young athletes how to reduce injuries in sport due to overuse or imbalances
- ️ to teach athletes how to lift and move properly and safely
- ️ to teach the importance of mobility and taking care of their bodies
- ️ to teach them how to train effectively to help increase their power, speed, agility, strength and overall fitness
- ️ create and maintain a positive, supportive, coached and engaging environment.
We want to see our young athletes cross training to not only develop a love of fitness and health, but to also help them see how properly programmed and coached strength and conditioning can help them in the sports they love.
The program is lead by coach Kim Shopland and will focus on cardio, strength, mobility on top of creating a solid base of fitness that will transfer to young athletes and their sport. We believe in creating an inclusive, positive and coached program to help create young athletes who move safely and effectively, excel at their sport and reduce their chance of injuries. We want to see our young athletes cross training to not only develop a love of fitness and health, but to also help them see how properly programmed and coached strength and conditioning can help them in the sports they love.
If you have any questions, please reach out!
The July program starts next week!!
Mondays 10:15am – 11:15am for 4 weeks.
July 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st.
Please register here