I mentioned this week this week that the COVID pandemic highlighted the important of our health. Healthy, fit humans are less likely to get sick, more resilient when they do get sick, and generally enjoy a higher quality of life. Chronic disease sucks, especially when there’s a virus floating around that preys on the most vulnerable.
At FMFA (that’s our new handle, but we’ll keep reminding you… Fernie Mountain Fitness & Athletics) we believe prioritizing exercise & nutrition is the most powerful tool we have against sickness. We often talk about CrossFit’s “Sickness, Wellness, Fitness spectrum” We all fall somewhere along that spectrum but the further towards the fitness side on that spectrum, the better your hedge against sickness. Who wouldn’t want that?
You made it this far through this crazy last few months. Maybe you kept working out consistently during your “isolation,” or maybe your exercise routine looked more like heavy box wine carries… no judgement!. But now you’re looking to make some changes. The great news is, there’s lots of options! The bad news is….. there’s lots of options. It can be overwhelming trying to sift through all the different kinds of fitness options.
We’ll try to simplify things for you a bit! Here’s the type of awesome humans that come and work with us at FMFA:
- You don’t just want a workout plan, or a room full of equipment. You are tired of walking into a “normal” gym, hopping on the cardio equipment and then wandering around the exercise machines.
- You are bored of the above, or you just don’t have focus anymore.
- You are tired of paying for a gym membership that you don’t use or that doesn’t help you get the results you are seeking
- You want someone to tell you what to do: An actual, effective and smart program to help you towards your goals of health and fitness.
- You want results.
- You are short on time but want to best “bang for your buck”
- You want to share in a journey with other like-minded, hard working people who are the gym to work out, not wander around taking selfies…(ugggg)
- You appreciate attentive, professional coaching to help keep you safe, and keep progressing
- You need accountability and community to help you navigate the ups and downs of life, and keep moving.
- You are an endurance athlete who knows the importance of cross and strength training, but you’re not sure where to start or what to do
- You’re an ex-athlete and miss training like one
- You value your health, and realize that taking care of yourself is an investment, not an expense.
That about covers it, but there are other reasons people walk through our doors everyday…
We don’t care about your athletic background. We don’t care how much you can bench. We don’t care how visible your abs are, or how fashionable your workout attire is.
We do care about positive attitude, willingness to be coached, and genuine effort. If you bring those three things to the table, the sky is the limit!
If that sounds like you…why not schedule a Free No Sweat Consult?